Client Performce G6

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ms
    Keymaster

Hi

Anybody using POB Client G6 on a Citrix Server? We have big problems with performance when running 4-5 clients on same server. The server has 16 GB RAM and 4 CPU’s.

regards Jan

ms
    Keymaster

Hi

we also have tested the POB-Client on a Windows Terminal Server with relatively poor performance. But I can state that the performance of the 1.4 Release has been increased. Also one can adjust the window style by disabling some features like window previews. They cost performance as well. Have you tried a mass maintenance of CI? I explore performance problems also here.

Another thing to regard is the increasing memory consumption of the client when working as admin (working on different windows at a time) and the much worser performance when working with VPN-Connection to the POB-Server.

We are now hoping that the PTW (Web-Client) will be improved in performance dramatically (is not done yet on my opinion)

Best regards
    Achim

ms
    Keymaster

Hi

We have done some “findings” together with Wendia:

– Turn off the “List view”

– Remember to restart the POB client regularly,  to release memory (especially after working with Enterprise Management)
    – POB G6 1.5 will have a bette Memo text field. We have just upgraded to 1.4, with a small performance boost.
    Have no experience with mass maintenance.

Thanks for your response
    Jan

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Another idea: Identify and add missing DB indexes according to your usage. That can really help in some places. For example, the table connecting entities and security roles can slow down everything a lot if you use the confidential feature intensively!

Br,

Stefan

ms
    Keymaster

Hi

Stefan: Any tips to how you can identify missing Indexes? Sure a DB administrator could do this in 2 minute, but if you don´t have one.

Thanks in advance
    Allan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.