Converting old Change Requests to use a new workflow template.

Welcome to the POB User Group Online Community! Forums PUG International Converting old Change Requests to use a new workflow template.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ms
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I am back again with all my questions. Has anyone had to convert old Change Requests that are in progress to follow a new workflow template?

How did you do it?
    How did you maintain the current activity and status?

Any info is much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Hi Dipti,

this time, I don’t really have any idea to help you further, and I can’t really imagine that it’s possible the way you want. How should the system know which activities to keep, and which to discard? How should it know where exactly to place them within the already existing workflow? You know, it’s a gapless work flow from start to end. Every CR that is already running would have a different status, and so it’s virtually impossible to have an automatic “conversion” into a new, already running workflow. It would require an extremely sophisticated system of Activity Types to do it with something like a Dataload or even Data Action.

Frankly, I would either stop the existing Change Requests, or process them as they are already planned. New CRs would automatically start with the new process, and so you would have a smooth transision.
    If it’s not such a high number, you could re-plan them all manually, indeed. But I guess we’re talking about more than a dozen…

Br,

Stefan

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.