Integration to SCOM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ms
    Keymaster

Hi

Is there someone, there have experience in setup a integration between POB G6 and SCOM. The integration should go both ways.

Best regards
    Allan

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Hi Allan,

Not SCOM, but I successfully connected our G6 to Symantec Altiris. Is there any specific problem?

Best regards,

Stefan

ms
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan
    No problems, just want to hear if any have tried it out. We are planning to setup it up, and are working with idears using MS Orchestrator. We would like that SCOM should create a case if a alert is coming. But it should also maintain the status for the alert. If it is close in SCOM, it should be closed in POB and the other way around.

Best regards

Allan

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Hi Allan,

Ok, so you don’t want the DTM integration (CIs) but a kind of synchronization. I don’t know what SCOM is able to use for sending alerts: Web Services? SQL inserts into the Case Interface table? Just simple mails? We are using two ways: Web Services for our own customer web portals (customers can report bugs etc. there) and XML mails for alerts from our monitoring tool Icinga/Nagios.

So it depends on what’s possible in SCOM and what you prefer. I think the Case Interface table is perfect for a simple bidirectional connection, but I don’t have any experiences about this feature in G6 (only POB 21). I just know how it should work in G6 theoretically, but I guess that’s not more than you already know. Web Services are definitely the smartest way because of the live connection and instant feedback (Case ID), but you need some development knowledge.

Well… I don’t know anything about SCOM, but I am always curious about such topics. I wonder how the solution will look like in the end. ­čÖé

Best regards,

Stefan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.