Integration with Lotus Notes

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ms
    Keymaster

I am constantly referring to ticket numbers in POB, is it possible to integrate these two system, at the very least via a widget?

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

There are plenty of ways to have POB and another system talking to each other: XML injection mails, web services, dataloads, normal mails using the Reference field, direct web links to Cases or Tasks… can you describe a bit more detailed what you want your interface to be able to?

Br,

Stefan

ms
    Keymaster

Thanks Stefan for the reply, we have POB mail integration but I am after for example a scenario where a ticket reference found in an email should launch that ticket in POB when the mouse is on it.

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Ok, so you mean direct links? Do you want to open the ticket on the Windows client (that’s also possible, but I can only describe it basically because we don’t use it), or any web client?

For the web clients, the syntax is as follows:
    http://path/to/website/Default.aspx?case=[Id]

So if you use that link in mails sent out of POB, the recipients can click on it to see the ticket.

stedaniels

Do you want to open the ticket on the Windows client (that’s also possible, but I can only describe it basically because we don’t use it),

Woah, how do you do this? I’ve got a shaky AutoHotKey effort, haven’t shown anyone yet.
    Would love to see a supported method of opening cases in the Windows client.

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

If you search for “automation” in the F1 helpfile, you should see how it works. There is a little (official) tool named “WendiaAutomationControler.exe” that you can feed with parameters to trigger your client – for integrating CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) applications as well as other tools like Outlook. We just don’t use it because we run POB on a Terminal Server farm.

You should find the tool at ftp://ftp.wendia.com/WFTP/POBG6_Versions/WendiaConsoleAutomationControler/

I just did a quick check (opened an existing Case with it), and it worked pretty well – even with ClickOnce.

For you, the helpfile article “Open a Record from a Link with Automation Controler” should be most interesting. It describes how to register a hyperlink type like “pobg6:” to create internal links allowing you to talk to the POB client in many exciting ways.

stedaniels

Joy!
    I wrote an old AHK script that hooked the url handler RMSCALL://CASE###.

This’ll be a doddle now.

What I wouldn’t give for an online help file that is Googleable. Might import the help file into ElasticSearch, it’s always painful hunting stuff down when I don’t know all POB’s terminology.

Thank you so much 🙂

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

No problem, I help whenever I can. 🙂

I know what you mean. I hope Wendia decides to drop the Windows help file technology and uses a custom way somewhen. The search tool within Windows help has always been a disaster.

I could only tell you it because I knew it existed. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.