POBG6 – Run a dataload from menu

Welcome to the POB User Group Online Community! Forums PUG International POBG6 – Run a dataload from menu

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ms
    Keymaster

Hi

I think I have seen the solution some place, but I cant find it 🙂

Could anybody tell me, how I create a menu item i POBG6, that runs a dataload?

Best regards

Allan

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Hi Allan,I already had the same idea and even created a Wendia RFC (119222) about it because it’s currently not possible. As it seems, it has no priority in the current RFC schedule (I opened it in September 2013).So if you also think it would be a great feature, you should maybe ask your local Wendia contact or open another RFC.You are invited to mention my RFC. :)Best regards,StefanPS: If you can find that solution again, I would be also interested, of course. Maybe someone found a workaround in the meantime? PPS: Sorry for the formatting, this editing tool removes my line breaks when I submit any text…

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

By the way: I have a theoretical workaround solution:

1. Create a Navigation Item with “Set Values” on some table, e.g. a dummy CI.

2. Create your dataload, make it running all the day in short intervals and let your SQL query check for the value you set in step 1. A second, queued Dataload could set this value back to its original state again.

ms
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan, Thanks for the feedback. I told Wendia that we back up the RFC no. 119222. I will look into the workaround.

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Hi Allan, please let me know if it works as I hope. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.