Reporting Count of Case Re-assignments

Welcome to the POB User Group Online Community! Forums PUG International Reporting Count of Case Re-assignments

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    StacyS
    Participant

For performance appraisal reviews, my supervisor has asked for data on the number of times POB cases have been transferred from one responsible user to another and how long that original user had the case in their posession before re-assigning.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplishe this?

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Hi,

our Reporting department gets these figures by querying the History table. There is the only place where all these data are normally kept. I can’t see a way of getting such a report with standard POB features – only via SQL.

BR,

Stefan

StacyS
    Participant

Thank you, Stefan. Do you have a SQL query that you can share?

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

I’m afraid I can’t give a complete statement (I don’t have the statements our BI department uses), but at least I could help you developing it. Which version are you using (POB 21 or POB G6?) And do you have a separate History Event for the change of Responsibile User? Do you use the Responsible/ResponsibleGroup fields in that event? The whole thing is to extract the information who did it when and who got the responsibility – out of the history lines, queried by the history action ID.

StacyS
    Participant

Stefan – we are on POB G6 and do have a separate History event for the hcange in Responsible User. It keeps track of the from and to information. So I agree that we should be able to get this reported. However, I am struggling with our report writers being able to come up with the report. That is why I was interested if you  had one already built. Is it possible to get teh report from your BI department? Even, just the fields they are using? I need to give our report writers some direction so that they cannot use the “it’s too complex” or “I can only give you this…” excuses. So far, all I’ve been able to get from them is a report of the text in the History lines – all of them. So I would have to download to Excel and then manipulate the data to get what I really need. Thanks – Stacy

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

a very simple statement counting the reassignments in G6 would look like this:

select
    cas.id,
    count(his.history_pk)
    from History his
    inner join History_Action hia on his.history_action_pk = hia.history_action_pk and hia.id=’1005′
    inner join Case_Table cas on cas.case_pk = his.root_pk
    group by cas.id

‘1005’ needs to be replaced by the history event ID from your system.

And if you want to create a virtual calculated column, showing the reassignment count in your case overview:

select count(*) from History his inner join History_Action hia on his.history_action_pk = hia.history_action_pk and hia.id=’1005′ where his.root_pk=case_pk

Such a column would have the cool effect that you could export your case list including this number at any time even without having a report – plus you can filter for it, define color triggers etc…

Does that help you?

Best regards,

Stefan

StacyS
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Stefan. I was able to share the information you provided with our report writers and they have written a report that is meeting our requirements.

StacyS

Stefan Reichelt
    Participant

Great! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.